Thursday 23 April 2015

A woman’s scorn.

A woman’s scorn.

And all those Ills which thou so long hast mourn'd;
Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,
Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

I drove her home and kissed her goodnight, “would you like to come in for a coffee Johnny” she whispered seductively? She looked over her shoulder and beckoned me in, “Go right in and make yourself comfortable”
“Humm,” I thought, “Johnny this is going to be a pushover”
I had got away with it for such a long time, I had managed to keep both my women from finding out about the other, and I was having a ball. I poured myself a whiskey, turning round I saw the gun pointing right between my eyes

“At last I have you, where I want you Johnny. No more Miss nice girl, I am fed up to the teeth with your cheating and lying, we have come to the end of the line, and you have come to the END”
I saw her finger squeeze on the trigger, was this to be the way I would die? Suddenly I felt a cold pain on the side of my face as I was swallowed in a grey mist, I dropped to the floor.
As I lay there, the gun rolling on her finger and still smoking, she smiled and looked down at me and laughed out loud,” Huh! This time Johnny you have bitten off more than you can chew, I told you not to cheat on me”

Is this the end for Johnnydod?

I could feel a mist descending down on me again, and it all went black. As I laid there in a pool of blood I slowly opened my eyes, the gun in her hand still smoking.
“That’s it, Johnnydod” she growled, “that’s the last time you’ll ever cheat on me”
And with a low menacing laugh she cried, so long sucker, and she was gone, from my life forever.

Quick on the scene the "Daily Blog"

I woke in a pool of blood with the mother of all headaches, I slowly allowed myself to regain my senses, dragging myself to my feet I could feel myself sway backwards and forwards, I steadied myself and poured a stiff shot of Scotch.
A reporter from the "Daily Blog" stood in the doorway, he started firing questions at me, I told him some story that it had all been a mix-up and got rid of him.
Cleaning myself up a bit I made my way out onto the street it must have been around seven in the evening the cold night air felt good on my face, as I hailed a taxi to my place

Read all about it

A newsvendor was shouting out the evenings headlines
"Johnnydod found gunned down, read all about it, read all about it"

I throw him some change and grabbed a paper," bloody hell those reporters get their news to the papers quick" I thought, making my way up to my pad I stripped off and turned on the shower, as the warm water trickled over my body I thought. "That's it, I think I'll stick to one woman from now on."

Just as I stepped out of the shower the phone rang, I let my answer machine
answer " Hi Johnny, do you remember me? I'm Trudy the girl you met in the bar the other night"
A smile crept across my face.........

No comments:

Post a Comment